Dr. Moises da Costa Gomez from the University of Curacao (UoC), has recently signed a MoU with Avalon University School of Medicine (AUSOM). This MoU will join Avalon University School of Medicine and the University of Curacao to allow them to work together on research, science and technology for the future. This will include student and teacher exchanges, developing joint educational programs and research while doing joint symposiums, lectures and much more! This project will be completed locally in Curacao and internationally! It will be focused towards the public health and welfare field. This will be a huge accomplishment by The University of Curacao and Avalon University School of Medicine
Avalon University School of Medicine (AUSOM) is a growing leader in medical education. Avalon University School of Medicine (AUSOM) focuses on quality medical education and training in order to ensure medical licensure and residency placement for international medical students and graduates.
Avalon University School of Medicine
The mission of Avalon University School of Medicine is to educate students in both the science and art of medicine. This mission begins with an environment which promotes growth and learning, and entails dedication, discipline, and direction, all of which are fundamental in the development of a skilled physician.
If you have decided that you want to pursue the medical profession and become a doctor, it is imperative that you spend sufficient time to research where should you study. Many times, you may seek guidance from your family or friends. But, this may not be the best way to choose the right Canadian Medical School for your studies. The reason of this is that your family or friends may have limited knowledge about how things have changed and how different factors play a part in you choosing the right school for your medical studies.
So, we will tell you the most important factors to keep in mind that will help you to choose among the top medical schools in Canada :
- First and foremost, you should check if they have the right accreditation. Generally, Canadian Medical Schools need to be reviewed and accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Medical Schools (CACMS) as well as the US Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Second important factor that you should keep in mind is that the degree you obtain is recognized not only in Canada and the US, but that you can practice as a doctor anywhere in the world. This is very critical in today’s world as you may want to settle outside of the US or Canada.
- Third factor that you should look at is the structure of the course and the curriculum. Look at what elective subjects are offered in your final year to ensure that you have the subjects that you are interested in.
- Fourth factor to keep in mind is to check how does the school offer the clinical rotations. It is always better if you can complete your clinical rotations at a single location.
- Fifth factor that can be quite useful is to check if the Medical Schools you are looking at have been approved for Canadian Government loans for students like Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), Student Aid BC and Student Aid Alberta.
If you would like to know more about the Best Canadian Medical School, visit our website. You can also call us on our toll free number – 1 855 282 5668.