How to choose the Best Canadian Medical Schools?
If you have decided that you want to pursue the medical profession and become a doctor, it is imperative that you spend sufficient time to research where should you study. Many times, you may seek guidance from your family or friends. But, this may not be the best way to choose the right Canadian Medical School for your studies. The reason of this is that your family or friends may have limited knowledge about how things have changed and how different factors play a part in you choosing the right school for your medical studies.
So, we will tell you the most important factors to keep in mind that will help you to choose among the top medical schools in Canada :
- First and foremost, you should check if they have the right accreditation. Generally, Canadian Medical Schools need to be reviewed and accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Medical Schools (CACMS) as well as the US Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Second important factor that you should keep in mind is that the degree you obtain is recognized not only in Canada and the US, but that you can practice as a doctor anywhere in the world. This is very critical in today’s world as you may want to settle outside of the US or Canada.
- Third factor that you should look at is the structure of the course and the curriculum. Look at what elective subjects are offered in your final year to ensure that you have the subjects that you are interested in.
- Fourth factor to keep in mind is to check how does the school offer the clinical rotations. It is always better if you can complete your clinical rotations at a single location.
- Fifth factor that can be quite useful is to check if the Medical Schools you are looking at have been approved for Canadian Government loans for students like Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), Student Aid BC and Student Aid Alberta.
If you would like to know more about the Best Canadian Medical School, visit our website. You can also call us on our toll free number – 1 855 282 5668.